New Vehicle Warranty - Coverage At A Glance
Some things you should know about your warranty:
Toyota warrants each new vehicle. For the purpose of warranty in Canada, Toyota is Toyota Canada Inc.
The warranty period begins on the warranty registration date as shown on the vehicle information statement. The warranty registration date is the original in-service date and may be earlier than the date of sale.
This warranty is applicable to any vehicle registered in Canada and normally operated within Canada or the United States mainland.
Where To Go For Service:
Warranty service is only obtainable from an authorized Toyota Dealer.
When your vehicle is inoperative due to a warranted part failure which is covered under the New Vehicle Warranty, towing service is covered to the nearest authorized Toyota dealer.
Nullifying The New Vehicle Warranty:
Certain factors or conditions such as negligence, modification or accidents can nullify any of the warranties. Your local Toyota dealer can advise you of all of the conditions that could compromise the vehicle's warranty coverage.
This is a simple overview of the New Vehicle Warranty. For more detailed information on the above, please contact the Toyota Customer Interaction Centre Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM EST. Please call our toll-free number 1-888-TOYOTA-8 (1-888-869-6828) or your local Toyota Dealer. Our email address is Toyota_Feedback@Toyota.ca. Or download the 2012 Owner's Manual Supplement.
Dealer or Port Installed Options and Customization Products
Toyota Genuine Accessories* Warranty:
- Toyota Genuine Accessories installed by a Toyota Dealership are covered for (which ever is greater):
- 12 months or 20,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first)OR
- Balance of the new vehicle warranty, 36 months or 60,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first)
- Except as expressly indicated below.** Both parts and labour are covered under this warranty.
- Toyota Genuine Accessories purchased over the counter are covered for 12 months, unlimited kilometres from the date of purchase. Only the cost of parts is covered under this warranty.
- * Accessories sold and distributed by Toyota Canada Inc.
- ** One piece Fibre Glass Tonneau Cover is covered for 12 months, unlimited kilometres from the date of purchase.
What is covered:
The replacement parts warranty can differ depending upon when the parts are installed and who does the installation.
What is not covered:
- Parts replaced under extended retail muffler, shock absorber and battery warranties.
- Replacements required due to wear, discolouration, deterioration, deformation, fading and normal noise.
- Replacement required after 6 months on the following items would be considered wear and non-warrantable:
- Bulbs (Except Headlamps)
- Wiper Blades and Inserts
For more detailed information on the above, please contact the Toyota Customer Interaction Centre.
What is covered:
Toyota offers a complete line of top quality maintenance-free replacement batteries for Toyota vehicles. All Toyota batteries installed by a Toyota dealer are warranted for 24 months for parts and labour. An additional 48-60 months pro rata warranty is available as per the following chart. See the New Vehicle Warranty for coverage of batteries that were originally installed in your new vehicle.
NOTE: The Service Replacement Warranty applies only to batteries installed by Toyota dealers on Toyota vehicles. If a battery is installed by a Toyota dealer on a non-Toyota vehicle, or if a battery is installed by a dealer other than a franchised Toyota dealer, then only the replacement cost of the battery will be covered (as above). The labour and sublets are not covered.
What is not covered:
- Batteries that have been opened, dropped, contaminated, cracked, frozen or otherwise damaged.
- Failures caused by the use of incorrect electrolyte.
- Recharging of discharged batteries.
- Contact us below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.